Re: Re: Dynamic referencing AND hyperlinking for numbered equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34169] Re: [mg34127] Re: Dynamic referencing AND hyperlinking for numbered equations
  • From: Omega Consulting <omega_consulting at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 03:54:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 03:29 AM 5/4/2002, Alexandre Costa wrote:
>Dear Mr. Abbot
>I am afraid I was not so much clear. Let me try to explain again my problem:
>For example,  I have the following set of Mathematica cells:
>
>Cell 1:
>Cell[BoxData["\[IndentingNewLine]"], "NumberedEquation"]
>Cell 2:
>Cell[BoxData["\[IndentingNewLine]"], "NumberedEquation",
>   CellTags->"Eqtwo"]
>
>Cell 3:
>Cell[TextData[{
>   "See (",
>
>   CounterBox["NumberedEquation", "Eqtwo"],
>   ")\n"
>}], "Text"]
>
>Cell 4:
>Cell[TextData[{
>   "See ",
>   ButtonBox["(0)",
>     ButtonData:>"Eqtwo",
>     ButtonStyle->"Hyperlink"],
>   "\n"
>}], "Text"]
>
>My problem is shown on Cell 4. I got this cell when I try to hyperlink
>the dynamic referenced equation given in Cell 3. In doing so, I use the
>following steps:
>- selected the equation number (i.e the string "(2)" in the cell 3)
>- Used the commands Input/Create hyperlink- Cell with tag: Eqtwo
>Instead of having a hyperlinked number "(2)"  (what I really want), I got a
>hyperlinked "(0)".
>
>Hope now, you can tell me the solution,
>                  With best wishes,
>                           Alexandre Costa

I can't find a way to do this through the menu commands, but it can be done
programmatically.

In[]:= Cell[TextData[{"See ",
         ButtonBox["(", ButtonData :> "Eqtwo", ButtonStyle -> "Hyperlink"],
         ButtonBox[CounterBox["NumberedEquation", "Eqtwo"],
           ButtonData :> "Eqtwo", ButtonStyle -> "Hyperlink"],
         ButtonBox[")", ButtonData :> "Eqtwo", ButtonStyle -> "Hyperlink"],
         "\n"}], "Text"] // CellPrint

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"

Spend less time searching and more time finding.
http://www.wz.com/internet/Mathematica.html