RE: Limit to length of lists?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34159] RE: [mg34140] Limit to length of lists?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 03:53:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bob,

Unfortunately, you are not telling us exactly what you did. It looks like ss
did not get set to a list. If you feed ss to the kernel what do you get?

Anyway, on a Windows98 machine there is no problem in storing a list of that
size. Here I make a 40000 long list of your maximum number size.

ss = Table[2^32, {40000}];

Length[ss]
40000

ss[[10000]]