file creation date

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34220] file creation date
  • From: takacs at bnl.gov (P.Z. Takacs)
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 03:05:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello MathGroup-

I have a relatively simple problem, compared to most of the others in
this group.

Does anyone know of a way to extract the "file creation date" or "date
last modified" from the system and have it show up as a Value Display
Object or as any kind of text expression inside a notebook?

I would like to have the "creation date" and "date last modified" for
the current notebook print in the header with the rest of the notebook
for documentation purposes, but I can't seem to find any way to get
this information from within the notebook. The existing value display
objects for date and time only retrieve the current system parameters,
not the file data parameters. I am running on a Mac platform under OS
8.6.

Thanks for the help.

	Peter Takacs