"Message text not found" substring in the warning messages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34264] "Message text not found" substring in the warning messages
  • From: Vladimir Bondarenko <vvb at mail.strace.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 03:26:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

While working with Mathematica, I see rather often the substring
"Message text not found" inside Set, Part, and a number of other
warning messages.

For example, in Version 4.1, the following integral

            Integrate[1/Sqrt[1 + Sqrt[Log[-1/z]] + Log[-1/z]], z]

invokes the invalid page fault at 0167:640099f5. Near the crash,
the message appears:

            Part::"partw": "-- Message text not found -- (1) ({})

What is the meaning of the "Message text not found" message?

What language constructions might be responsible for this substring?

Any ideas?

Let me thank you cordially for your help in advance.

Vladimir Bondarenko