Re: "Message text not found" substring in the warning messages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34280] Re: "Message text not found" substring in the warning messages
  • From: lzhao at ihw.com.cn (Instanton)
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 05:54:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The Mathematica language provides a mechanism for error trapping using
the function Message[symbol::tag] inside a Module or Block. If in some
Mathematica
program one implements the sentence

Message[xxx::yyy]

while forgetting to define the message text xxx::yyy like

xxx::yyy:='This is an error message'

then once the first ( Message[xxx::yyy] ) sentence is executed, the
system would produce an error text like

xxx::"yyy": "-- Message text not found

This partly explains your question. However, in your concrete example,
the system produces much more error messages, the most critical one
being

"Iteration limit of 4096 exceeded."

This means that the Mathematica system has reached its maximal number
of iterations before it finds a satisfactory solution to your problem.
So, just don't expect Mathematica to give a result without any
additional package.

Regards

Instaton