Geometry- transformations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34360] Geometry- transformations
  • From: "Hrvoje Posilovic" <hposilovic at inet.hr>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 05:08:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathematica  experts,

I am very new Mathematica user and have one problem
which is for me impossible to solve.
I must define geometric shape by set of points in XY  plane and than rotate
that shape (points) in steps of 1 deg around Z axis for 3 or 4 revolutions,
at the same time that
shape must be resized (magnified)  by sale fator R for 1 deg reolution
step, and translated downward Z axis by translation factor T for 1 deg
revolution step.
All three transforations must be done at the same time.
That will generate shape similat to snail shell.
At the end must read all coordinate points generated.
I do not want to render or draw generated shape but only
to have coordinates of all the points generaded from the
initial points.

I do not know is it possible to do something like that with Mathematica.
I will appreciate any help.

Best Regards
Hrvoje Posilovic
10000 Zagreb