simple program: help, please!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34462] simple program: help, please!
  • From: "_MarioLatens" <mario.lat at libero.it>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 02:46:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have to do something like this: I don't know mathematica language but I
think it can do that...

for i=1 to 500
(
 1) get 50 nubers random from 1 to 100. (to be onest I need exponential
distribution) and put it in a vector 'v'

2) order this vector ('v') :   vo=order_vector (v)

3) take the 30th elemente : e=vo[30]

4) calculate sum of first 30 elements of vo  :   for(j=1 to 30) s=s+vo[j]

5) calculate d=s/i;

6) print d, print the vector vo.

)

I don't know  mathematica very well and I have to manipulate data in a
little time so I ask help you: how can I write this programs?

Thank you in advance, Mario.

P.S. where can I find nice manual on internet for programming whith
mathematica?