kernel density estimation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34594] kernel density estimation
  • From: "dr. Robert Volcjak" <robert.volcjak at guest.arnes.si>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 02:45:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear group.

I need to estimate the probability density function of a given data set
(time series) with the help of apropriate kernel function K[x]. I have
already done the task by the definition of "smoothed-histogram" but it
is very slow. Is there any faster  algorithm (preferably in Mathematica
code) for my task.

Thank you.

Robert