Re: Function as an argument of the function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg34669] Re: Function as an argument of the function
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 04:27:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

lets say you with yo test the expression func
just test

FreeQ[func,Slot[_]]&& func === Head[func[x]]

> I have to write a short function in Mathematica. But I have one
> problem with  it. One of arguments of my function have to be a
> function of one variable.
> How can I check if the argument of the function is a function of one
> variable (I wish there's FunctionQ)?

How many arguments have func[] ? with the definition :

func[x_]:=x
func[x_,y_]:=x*y
func[x_,y__]:=x*{y}

Only solutions with exact one integer number can be accepted.
Contribute and win fabulouse pices.

Regards
  Jens