RE: Export: Where is exported file?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37804] RE: [mg37778] Export: Where is exported file?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:12:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dave,

If you are going to do a lot of exporting to a specific folder you could
write a specialized Export statement.

pdfplot = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2Pi}];

pdfExport[filename_String, pict_] :=
  Export[ToFileName[{"AddOns", "ParkStudies", "Communications", "Packages"},
      filename], pict]

pdfExport["picture.pdf", pdfplot]
"AddOns\\ParkStudies\\Communications\\Packages\\picture.pdf"

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: DGolber [mailto:dgolber at aol.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

When I do

Export["picture.pdf", pict]

the file picture.pdf ends up in the directory

C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\4.0

I can see how to alter this by putting the full name of the file in the
notebook,    The "Get File Path" even makes this somewhat easy.

But is there a settable Option or Preference governing the interpretation of
"filename" in Export[filename,data]?

In particular, I would like to be able to tell it to put the file in the
Directory that the notebook came from.

Doe Microsoft Windows have a notion of current directory?
Dave Golber