Re: How to get a listing of currently defined symbols

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36894] Re: How to get a listing of currently defined symbols
  • From: Steven <hattons at speakeasy.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 04:45:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> For all names, perhaps:
>
>    Names["*`*"]
>
> For names you defined at a normal session (without changing to some
> other context than the default Global`):
>
>    Names["Global`*"]
>

> fjolsvit wrote:
>> IIRC, there is a way to get a list of all the symbols defined in the
>> currently running session.  I can't seem to find the reference to that
>> command.  Could somone point me in the direction of documentation which
>> will tell me how to get information about the current session?
>>

>> TIA,

I think I asked the wrong question.  I'll have to look at things some more.
What you gave me resulted in far more than I was looking for.

http://public.globalsymmetry.com/proprietary/com/wri/system-symbols.html
http://66.92.149.152/proprietary/com/wri/system-symbols.html

I think I really hosed the code for generating that table.  I used 5 lines.
I probably didn't need more than two, but I'm too tired right now to think
about it.  Mathematica is totaly awesome when it comes to what it was intended for.
They really need to rent a Troll for a few months and fix this interface.
Qt will run on just about anything.  Heck, my Win-XP partition runs
XFree86, with the KDE, or it did when I booted into XP a month ago.

STH