Phase Portraits

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37104] Phase Portraits
  • From: Jason Miller <millerj at truman.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:20:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup Experts,

Is there a slick way to use Mathematica to plot the phase portrait of
a pair of (straightforward) differential equations?  I'd also like to
see a plot of the associated vector/direction field.  I found a good
package called DynPac, but it's very cumbersome to use, and I was
hoping there's another tool out there that my students would feel
more comfortable using.

Thanks for whatever information you can share.

Jason
--
Jason Miller, Ph.D.
Division of Mathematics and Computer Science