Is MathML 'good' XML

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37168] Is MathML 'good' XML
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 04:17:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The way I learned XML, XML is for content, and CSS is for display.  It seems
that MathML violates that separation between style and content.  There is
little chance that I'm the first one to mention this.  Is there a history of
discussion on this topic somewhere?  I don't want to get too far into MathML
on this list, but, since I'm skinning my knuckles trying to learn to work
with MathML and Mathematica, I figure a bit of discussion on this topic in
this context is in order.

STH