Re: List processing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37251] Re: List processing
  • From: Mark Westwood <MarkCWestwood at compuserve.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:17:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

John

The simplest solution to your trial problem that I could come up with
was the following:

Apply[List, Apply[Interval, {{100, 200}, {150, 250}, {120, 270}, {300,
400}}]]

I hope you can figure it out.  I didn't test it on a larger input
dataset - my usual experience is that built-in functions are faster for
operations on lists than fiddling around with loops.

Regards
Mark Westwood