Problems about NSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37303] Problems about NSolve
  • From: "Gabriele" <gabriele.bb at tin.it>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 04:47:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want solve a non linear system of 4 algebric equations with the command
NSolve.

 I get the error messages:

NSolve::zerosol  Scale of possible solution value -8.656393839455443`*^-7
for variable A4 is too small. Must set this value to zero in order to avoid
generation of spurious solutions. This may cause the loss of some solutions.

and:

NSolve::sfail: Subsystem could not be solved forA3 at value
0.00002176757227083404`. The likely cause is failure to detect zero due to
low precision. The likely effect is the loss of one or more solutions.
Increasing WorkingPrecision might prevent some solutions from being lost.

Where can I find informations about these?

Thank you very much and sorry for my english.