Re: Raising Contour Plot Graphics to 3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37326] Re: Raising Contour Plot Graphics to 3D
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:57:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David park was converting ContourGraphics to Graphics.  He was then using
the resulting Graphics to make some Graphics3D (with concave polygons in
3D).  Mathematica wouldn't correctly render the concave polygons in 3D.

I don't have time for further experimenting, but I think you can solve your
problem with the concave 3D polygons if you decompose them into triangles
using the package at
http://library.wolfram.com/packages/

----
Regards,