Bad parentheses in exported eps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37318] Bad parentheses in exported eps
  • From: "Will Todd G" <will.todd at uwlax.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 02:56:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have understood that parentheses "( )" are displayed as "HL" in
exported postscript due to the fact that postscript viewers are not
accessing the Mathematica Fonts that encode "( )".  I thought I could
avoid this problem by specifying a different font, in this case Courier
for the parentheses.  This didn't work.  Is there a related idea that
will work?

parenGraphic = Show[Graphics[{
          Text[
            StyleForm["(", FontFamily -> "Courier", FontWeight ->
"Plain"] ,
            {0, 0}]
           }]];

Export["parenGraphic.eps", parenGraphic]

Todd Will
UW-LaCrosse