HelpBrowser Mathematica Book 1.8.3 on Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37382] HelpBrowser Mathematica Book 1.8.3 on Linux
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:48:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In the first box of section 1.8.3, the matrix displayed seems to be badly
fromatted.  Is this what others also see?  Is this just a 'typo'.  IOW, an
isolated minor problem, or is it indicative of something larger.  I believe
it is the former.

Please don't think that all I'm doing is trying to find fault with
Mathematica.  And I'm not trying to be knit-picky.  If it weren't for my
previous problems - many of which seem to have stemmed from a font
configuration problem introduced by an operating system upgrade - I would
simply shrug this one badly formatted block off as a goof of some kind.  The
last time I noticed something like this, however, it turned into a few days
worth of banging my head against a wall trying to figure out what was wrong.

Please, someone, take a moment to look at this, and let me know what's up with
it.  What I see is kind of like this, but with bigger parentheses:
(
		a		b
		c		d
)