Calculating the Sun's position on a point on Earth sougth

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37387] Calculating the Sun's position on a point on Earth sougth
  • From: Marc Heusser <marc.heusser at CHEERSheusser.comMERCIALSPAMMERS.invalid>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:03:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sorry if this is too easy but:

I would like to simulate the shadows a house casts.
I'll be getting Mathematica next week.

Is there a package that will calculate the sun's position at a location
on earth (given in degrees north/east) so I can set a lighting source
accordingly?

Thanks for any pointers

Marc Heusser

--
Marc Heusser
remove the obvious CHEERS and MERCIAL... from the reply address