Re: HelpBrowser Mathematica Book 1.8.3 on Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg37398] Re: [mg37382] HelpBrowser Mathematica Book 1.8.3 on Linux
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:04:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> In the first box of section 1.8.3, the matrix displayed seems to be badly
> fromatted.  Is this what others also see?  Is this just a 'typo'.  IOW, an
> isolated minor problem, or is it indicative of something larger.  I believe
> it is the former.

The odd formatting that you observe is a side effect of setting the option
ColumnWidths->{0.4, 0.6}, which is inherited from the style setting for a
DefinitionBox in the HelpBrowser.nb style sheet.

I am unsure if this is a bug in the math edit formatting or just a bad
choice of values for this cell style.  I have forwarded this example to
our Quality Assurance department so that they may investigate this.

If you find behavior that you believe to be errant, you are welcome to
send concise examples to Wolfram Research Technical Support
<support at wolfram.com>.  This will ensure that our developers are aware of
bugs that users find.  Moreover, if it is a known problem with a simple
workaround, they may be able to direct you to a frequently asked question
page for more information.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com