Re: How to ...?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg36331] Re: How to ...?
- From: Mark Westwood <MarkCWestwood at compuserve.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 04:08:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Andreas, One simple approach is to write: F[x_]:= x^2 /; 0<x<6 F[x_]:= x+1 /; x>=6 Hope this helps. You want want to look up /; in the Help Browser. Regards Mark Westwood Paskoski wrote: > > Dear MathGroup, > I'd like to use Mathematica 4.0 to write a function having different > expressions in different domain's intervals. > Let's say: > > F[x_]= x^2 if 0<x<6 > x+1 if x>=6 > > I know It's a stupid syntax problem, but I really do not know how/where to > search the solution on the Mathematica Book > > Thank you in advance, > > PasKo.