Re: Mathematica 4.2: Problem with online help.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36353] Re: Mathematica 4.2: Problem with online help.
  • From: Jacob <jacob at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 04:09:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 05:41:08 GMT, TerryH <tharter at attglobal.net>
wrote:

I too have been unable to get the help browser functioning. I have
exactly the same problem. When trying to open the help browser it gets
to the point where it says "scanning index file" and freezes. I tried
all the suggestions in the faq and the links provided here to no
avail. I'm running Winows 2000 with service pack 3. I have 512mb of
memory with a 768mb pagefile on a separate drive, so I don't think
that's an issue. Mathematica 4.1 ran just fine on this setup, so
judging by the number of other people affected by this, I'd say it's
some kind of bug with 4.2. Hopefully Wolfram will address this with
either a link that will provide a fix that actually works, or a patch.