RE: How can I plot with Mathematica two function in the same graphic?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36489] RE: [mg36468] How can I plot with Mathematica two function in the same graphic?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:29:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mario,

Here is a fancy version of your plot. I used Text statements within an
Epilog option to label the two curves. The regular plot statement allows you
to plot a series of functions inclosed in a list.

Needs["Graphics`Colors`"]

Plot[{x, x^2}, {x, 0, 1},
    PlotStyle -> {Black, Blue},
    Frame -> True,
    FrameLabel -> {x, y},
    PlotLabel -> "Comparison of Two Functions",
    Epilog -> {Text[x, {0.5, 0.55}], Blue, Text[x^2, {0.7, 0.4}]},
    Background -> Linen,
    ImageSize -> 500];

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Mario Latens [mailto:mario.lat at libero.it]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

How can I plot with Mathematica two function in the same graphic?
I explain better:
I'd like to draw a) y=x and b) y=x^2 in the same axes X-Y (in order to
compare a and b).

Thank you in advance, Mario.