How to execute a notebook from another notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36599] How to execute a notebook from another notebook?
  • From: Alexei Akozin <akolzine at uiuc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:14:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Perhaps, it is a stupid question, but somehow, I was not able to find any
help on the following:

I have a notebook, which does some calculations and saves results onto disk.
All I need is to execute this notebook somewhere within another notebook.

Sometimes it is nice to keep some parts of the code separated in different
notebook files, which depending on the circumstances could be run manually
via FrontEnd or within an automated loop from a notebook.

To a certain extent this philosophy resembles, for example, what they have
for scripts in another system.

Please, reply directly to akolzine at uiuc.edu

Sincerely,
Alexei.