RE: Re: A symbol for Floor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36592] RE: [mg36547] Re: A symbol for Floor
  • From: "DrBob" <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:14:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When I click on The Mathematica Book, I see no chapters, no chapter
names, no chapter numbers -- unless I think to read the Contents page --
actually 40 pages.  It might be helpful if the Contents page weren't
already fully expanded and there were chapter numbers next to the
chapter names.

Anyway, what is Floor doing in a chapter on Advanced Mathematics?  Why
isn't there a chapter on notation?  I suppose that's why an unexpanded
Contents page wouldn't be helpful.

If you Go To "notation" or "notations", there's no link to "Mathematical
and Other Notations".  "notation" and "notations" yield different links,
too.  Very strange.

As for looking for LeftFloor -- that makes sense only if you already
know about LeftFloor.  (Now I do.)  Links from Floor to LeftFloor and
RightFloor would make a lot of sense, but that's probably why they're
not there.

Thanks, Alexander.  WRI's quirky documentation isn't your fault.  You're
very kindly helping to make up for it.

Bobby Treat