Re: Using Slide View in mathematica 4.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36618] Re: [mg36533] Using Slide View in mathematica 4.2
  • From: Dale Horton <daleh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:33:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 02:27 AM 9/11/2002, Brian Higgins wrote:
>I am interested in creating a slide presentation  using slide view
>mode in Mathematica 4.2. I would like to have hyperlinks between
>different slides ( e.g., a hyperlink in say slide 6 takes me back to
>slide 3).
>
>I have no difficulty in creating such a hyperlink (using tags) when I
>am in the author mode. But the hyperlink does not work when a revert
>back to slide view mode.
>
>I guess it has somthing to do with the fact that in author view  mode
>your slides are a subset of a single notebook but in slide view  mode
>each slide becomes a distinct notebook.
>
>So my question: Is there a way to reference the individual slides
>using the hyperlink command?
>
>Thanks in advance for all your help
>
>Brian

If you set "PagewiseScrolling"->True, then your hyperlink will work. Go to
the Option Inspector and set the scope to Notebook. Then go to the option

NotebookOptions|Window Properties|ScrollingOptions|"PagewiseScrolling"

And set it to True. The disadvantage to this setting is that you can now
only have one screen's worth of contents per slide. (But then it is a slide
show after all, so maybe that's not so bad.)

-Dale