Re: Front end proble in Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36715] Re: Front end proble in Linux
  • From: Rainer Gruber <rainer.gruber at gmx.at>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:16:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Cesar Guerra wrote:
> Hi math group,
> I don't have any idea about how to solve next problem.
> Thanks in advance for any hints...
>
> Back space key when I am in the front end don't work
> correctly. It advances instead of go back and there is
> no way to erase something I wrote in the notebook. The
>  pointer mark of the mouse looks like a hand instead
> of an arrow, and this don't work fine too.
> Is it a Mathematica Configuration problem or a Linux
> Configuration one? How can I solve this?
> Note: This problem seems to appear just in my
> workspace
> i mean this not happen for other users.
> I used Mathematica 4.1 for Linux Red hat 7.0
>
> Regards,
> Cesar.

> Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
> http://news.yahoo.com

Pressing the 'Num'-Key maybe solves your problem: If you switch off the
'Num Lock' your 'hand pointer mark' should turn into an 'arrow pointer
mark' and you can place the cursor in a notebook.

You get more details on
<http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/interface/cursor.html>

--
Rainer Gruber