Re: How to display package contents?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg36742] Re: [mg36734] How to display package contents?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murraye at attbi.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 04:32:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I presume packagename is a context name, e.g., Graphics`Colors` .  Then
evaluating the expression

   Names["packagename*"]

containing the wildcard symbol * will probably do what you want.

It may tell you more than you want to know unless the package was
decently written.  By "decently" I mean that  names not needing to be
known to the outside world have been enclosed within a Private context
within the package's context.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
710 North Pleasant Street