Re: Show graphics command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40366] Re: [mg40347] Show graphics command
  • From: Helge Andersson <helge at envic.chalmers.se>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 01:41:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Nathan,
You can surpress the printout of plots by setting the DisplayFunction
option to Identity. Recall the default setting in the Show-command with
$Displayfunction as in below.

data =Table[{x,x^2 + Random[Real, {- .4, .4}]}, {x, -2, 2,  .2}];
fitfun = Fit[data, {1, x, x^2}, x];
plota = ListPlot[data, PlotStyle -> PointSize[ .02], DisplayFunction ->
Identity];
plotb = Plot[fitfun, {x, -2, 2}, DisplayFunction -> Identity];
Show[{plota, plotb}, DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction];

Or just use DisplayTogether

DisplayTogether[{ListPlot[data, PlotStyle -> PointSize[.02]], Plot[fitfun,

/Helge
Chalmers University of Technology
Sweden