Import - FITS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40407] Import - FITS
  • From: Robert Pigeon <robert.pigeon at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:22:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello again,
	Mathematica 4.2 can import FITS files as you all know.  It will import
files if the extension is FITS or FIT.  But I have a full CD with CCD
pictures with an extension FTS.  Those pictures where taken with CCD cameras
and telescopes and are part of a CD included in a book about Astronomical
Imaging.
	I want to Import those pictures in Mathematica to do some processing.  If I
put "FITS" at the end of my Import, I get the error message of type of file
not compatible.  If I change the extension from FTS to FITS and try to
Import, I get an error message from FITS.exe that does the import.  The
Header of the files are typical FITS Header.

  Is there a way to Import those pictures???

Thanks,

Robert