Re: Newbie: "key combination is not defined"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40423] Re: [mg40367] Newbie: "key combination is not defined"
  • From: "Marko Vojinovic" <vojinovi at panet.co.yu>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 03:57:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Everytime I type parethesis [] or {} I get a:
>
> "You used a Command or Control key combination that is not defined to do
anything."

> The message comes along with a annoying beep.
> The parethesis are printed tough.
> Maybe that is because I use a german keyboard layout?
> I have to use "ctrl-alt" or "alt gr" to get the parethesis.
> What can I do?
>
> (Win2000, Mathematica 4)

I posted here the same question before, and got no useful answer. One (ugly)
way to circumvent the problem is to disable beep-ing and displaying those
error messages in the Options Inspector. Another way is to use US keyboard
layout (which works fine) and remember positions of [, ] and other
characters on the keyboard.

Best regards,
Marko
Sevareid's Law: The chief cause of problems is solutions.