Re: Adobe Illustrator exporting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40532] Re: Adobe Illustrator exporting
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at adelphia.net>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:34:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:07:30 +0000 (UTC), "Ronald Legere"
<legere at ll.mit.edu> wrote:

>I just upgraded to 4.2.1, and still the export to illustrator functionality
>doesn't work. E.g.:
>gr = Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,2 Pi}];
>Export["test.ai",gr,"AI"];
>This creates a file that Adobe illustrator complains about (MPS Parser error).
>
>I saw a post on this list in 2000 with no resolution... perhaps Wolfram should
>just remove this 'functionality'. I work around this using "EPS" files.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what the bug is ? This must work for some people right?

	The procedure you list did not work for me in either AI 8.0 or
Corel Draw 9. But I copied it (to clipboard) and read it into Corel by
doing Paste Special > Enhanced Metafile. It came out correct except
for one tiny error which could be fixed easily if I could remember
how.. (Obviously, this doesn't mean that the EPS file is correct.)
Corel is generally more robust than AI in doing this sort of thing.

Steve Gray