Re: arrows at both ends of a line?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40586] Re: arrows at both ends of a line?
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:43:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 4/9/03 at 1:31 AM, Daniel.Nettels at unifr.ch (Daniel Nettels) wrote:

>Several people suggested me to draw to opposit arrows of same length.
>However this does not give a nice result, since now the tip of  one
>arrow is superposed with the recatangular end of the other. This
>becomes apparent if one increase the thickness of the line as in the
>following example:

<example deleted>

The blocky tip of the arrow is not caused by an overlap of the tip of one arrow with the end of the other arrow. It is simply caused by increasing the thickness as you did. To see this is so look at the output of

Show[Graphics[{AbsoluteThickness[10], Arrow[{1, 1}, {3, 1}]}]]

where only one arrow is drawn.

If you need thick arrows and don't like the way they are drawn by the package Graphics`Arrow` you can always write your own arrow drawing code using graphic primitives