Radio Buttons, Check Boxes, etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40666] Radio Buttons, Check Boxes, etc.
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 03:13:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At the Developer Conference the other day, the following question came up:

How do you create Radio Buttons, Check Boxes, Input Fields, and other
interactive elements in Mathematica?

If you're a really advanced frontend programmer and you have many hours of
spare time, you can fake some of these things. But it's really difficult.
Since there seemed to such a large interest in it, I wanted to let everyone
know that we've come up with a solution.

We recently released the FormMaker package to do these things easily. You
don't even need to write a lot of code. There's a palette for creating the
forms. All you need to do is label each of the form elements and then
specify what action the form takes. Try out the full-featured, 30-day demo at:

http://omegaconsultinggroup.com/Products/form/

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com