OO System for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40806] OO System for Mathematica
  • From: "Hermann Schmitt" <schmitther at netcologne.de>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:59:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I want to give notice, that I made available a new version of my OO System
for Mathematica (version 1.2) on my web site:
www.schmitther.de

The following features were added to the system:
- Extending the notion of "muliple inheritance" arrays of elements of the
same class are now supported.
- Classes may be checked, if they are formally correct.

Additionally, the software was improved at several places.

Arrays of elements seem to be useful in many cases. As an example, the
geometrical objects used in my examples are now alternatively represented as
points instead of lines.
In this new example the use of "delegation", which seems to fit well to
arrays of elements, is shown, too.

Herewith I ask those, who where already engaged in my software, to comment
in MathGroup on their experience, be it good or bad.

Hermann Schmitt