RE: Displaying many digits

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40882] RE: [mg40870] Displaying many digits
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:15:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Stepan,

Here is an example.

FindRoot[x == Cos[x], {x, 0.5},
  AccuracyGoal -> 20,
  WorkingPrecision -> 30]

{x -> 0.739085133215160641655312087674}

Ted Ersek's RootSearch package from MathSource is a robust replacement for
FindRoot and often more convenient to use.

Needs["Enhancements`RootSearch`"]

RootSearch[x == Cos[x], {x, 0, 2},
  PrecisionGoal -> 20]

{{x -> 0.73908513321516064166}}

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Stepan Yakovenko [mailto:yakovenko at ngs.ru]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

HI!

  I'm using FindRoot to find root of some complicated algebraic
  equation:

  FindRoot[zero, {Beta, Beta0}, MaxIterations -> 200]

  > {Beta -> 18.7129}

  It works fine and the result is right. Though it shows only 4 digits
  of the result, rounding the number. But I need to see first 20
  digits. Yes, I can press space and Mathematica will show the whole
  number, but I want to know how to do it in place.

--
Best regards,
 Stepan                          mailto:yakovenko at ngs.ru