RE: Where have all the axes gone?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg40964] RE: [mg40917] Where have all the axes gone?
  • From: "Wolf, Hartmut" <Hartmut.Wolf at t-systems.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:07:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
>Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 11:26 AM
>To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
>Subject: [mg40964] [mg40917] Where have all the axes gone?
>

>Motto:
>
>   Plot[Exp[-2x^2],{x,-5,5},
>     PlotRange->All,
>     PlotStyle->{RGBColor[1,0,0],Thickness[0.2]},
>     Axes ->True
>   ];
>
>Can you, please, help me to redraw the axes?
>Something with Epilog?
>I feel there is a simple solution I can't see.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>--
>Pavel Pokorny
>Math Dept, Prague Institute of Chemical Technology
>http://staffold.vscht.cz/mat/Pavel.Pokorny

Pavel,

In[2]:= << Graphics`FilledPlot`
In[3]:= Show[%%, AxesFront -> True]

brings them back by witchcraft. Well, the reason is, the package modifies
Show to give it that convenient option AxesFront. Details can be found
there.

Also this simple concept works (even when package FilledPlot has not been
loaded):

In[4]:= Show[FullGraphics[%%%], Options[%%%]]

The explanation is simple: (normally, when FilledPlot not loaded) Show draws
Axes first, and then the Graphics. FullGraphics however contains all the
embellishments in Form of graphics elements, luckily after the graphics from
the contents, such the Axes are redrawn and visible.

--
Hartmut Wolf