eqiprobable intervals

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41020] eqiprobable intervals
  • From: <susanlcw at aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:23:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I am interested in finding a program that will divide the domain of
a probability density function
into n non-overlapping equiprobable intervals.  Specifically, I am working
with a normal distribution, where mean and standard deviation are known
(and I know how to define the pdf), so the area under the curve on each
interval would be 1/n.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Susan