CCD Photometry with Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41029] CCD Photometry with Mathematica
  • From: Jeff Bryant <jeffb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 05:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

   As a personal endeavor, I have recently written a help-browser
documented Mathematica package for performing astronomical CCD photometry
and FITS data reduction.  This package was designed for use with my own
data, but I would like to make the package more useful to others in the
field.  The functions included in the package include Julian date and
heliocentric Julian date calculation, photometry, phase-folding, and header
parsing routines.  Bias subtraction, flat-fielding, normalizing, averaging,
and image plotting are supported.

   Since I only have my own FITS data to work with, I would be interested
in hearing opinions and suggestions of the current version so that I can
make it more useful to the general astronomical community.  The package can
be found in the Wolfram Research Information Center by searching for CCD in
the search field (should be the first item that appears) or by going
directly to the following link:

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Demos/4858/

There are two files available, an intro notebook and a ZIP file containing
the package.  Simply unzip the package and put it in your
AddOns/Applications directory in Mathematica (or in the
$UserAddOnsDirectory).  Rebuild your help browser and you are ready to go.

Looking forward to any comments.

Thanks

-Jeff