Compiled function in NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42884] Compiled function in NDSolve
  • From: "Ibrahim Abdulhalim" <ibrahim at gws-photonics.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 01:25:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I a using a compiled function wf[tr] in NDSolve.  The reason for the
compilation was to speed up the calculation.  However when running the
NDSolve, the following message appears:

CompiledFunction::cfsa: Argument tr at position 1 should be a
machine-size real number.

Which means the function within NDSolve is not compiled and the
calculation speed did not change.  According to previously asked
questions and answers that I found on the mathgroup site, by writing
wf[Re[tr]] within the NDSolve supposed to overcome the problem.  I tried
this but it didn't work.  Can any body help with this issue?

Thanks in advance

Dr. I. Abdulhalim
Principal Scientist and Liquid Crystals Manager
GWS-Photonics Ltd.
Paz Towers, 33 Bezalel St., Ramat-Gan 52521, Israel
Tel: +972-(0)3-7534430;   Fax: +972-(0)3-7534438
Email: ibrahim at gws-photonics.com