Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42967] Problem
  • From: "Andrew Thomas" <Andrew.Thomas at oft.gsi.gov.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:53:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

This is a simple one but I cannot find out how to plot the following.

c=(x-x^2)+(y-y^2) where c is a constant.

The problem is that everytime I go to plot the plot is always defined
as y=f(x,...) and so I cannot enter y^2 into the equation.

Could someone please advise.

Thank you and best wishes,

Andrew

are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify
system.administrator at oft.gov.uk immediately.

The Office of Fair Trading
Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London EC4Y 8JX
Switchboard (020) 7211 8000
Web Site: http://www.oft.gov.uk

for the presence of computer viruses.