Re: Margins in DensityGraphics[] et al.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43002] Re: Margins in DensityGraphics[] et al.
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 00:26:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Roland,
Further to Jens's suggestion - you probably know this stuff already.

Clipping can be done by dragging a handle of
the bounding box of the graphic while holding down the control key. This
sets the cell option ImageRegion. The option can also be set by typing into
the cell expression (seen by using menu Format>ShowExpression) or by using
the option inspector.

On the example given under DensityGraphics in the Help Browser a setting of
ImageRegion ->{{-.025, 1.025},{-.025,1.025}} worked (with the frame ticks
turned off). But a different setting is needed for ContourPlot.

Show[DensityGraphics[Table[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 2 Pi, Pi/8}, {y, 0, 2 Pi,
Pi/8}],
FrameTicks -> False]]

Allan
Allan Hayes