Re: Re: Need a better Integrate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43053] Re: [mg43019] Re: [mg42976] Need a better Integrate
  • From: Dr Bob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:46:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Just mathematics" covers a lot of territory, Andrzej.  As evidence of
that, I completed over 70 graduate courses in Mathematics and Operations
Research at five graduate schools, yet I didn't study all the same things
you did!  Amazing, isn't it?  I think I may have wasted some time on
topology, network optimization algorithms, pseudodifferential equations,
stochastic processes, and probability (as opposed to statistics).  These
topics don't come up in the group much.

So, your method can be expected to help when the integrand can be made to
have multiple roots by adding a constant, and that's when its derivative
has a multiple root.  Probably everybody else in MathGroup knew that
intuitively.

Thanks for the clarification.  My integration rule isn't nearly as general
as yours, and often gets the wrong answer, too.  But it was a first try; I
can live with that.

Bobby

majort at cox-internet.com
Bobby R. Treat