Fills in StackGraphics ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43208] Fills in StackGraphics ?
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:24:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Trying to stack a Table of Filled Plots, as in:

    slices = Table[ FilledPlot[ f[n, x],  {x, 0, 1},  Fills -> White,
                            DisplayFunction -> Identity], {n,0,5} ]

    Show[ StackGraphics[ slices]]

and it basically works, except I'm unable to get any Fill except what I
guess is the Mathematica default (kind of a horrible purple).

Tried more complex versions of Fill syntax, adding "Evaluates", etc., no
success.  What do I need to do?

[And incidentally, the Show command evaluates  _very_  slowly and
jerkily.  Limitations of Mathematica 4.2 on iBook with OS 9.2?]