Re: v5 FrontEnd problem on Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43295] Re: v5 FrontEnd problem on Linux
  • From: Abdó Roig <abdo_roig at myrealbox.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 04:54:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Nilton Volpato wrote:

> Thank you very much, Holger.
>
> It solved all problems related to ''right-hand side values´´. :-)
>
> However, I'm still getting the assertion error at spanbox.ch:2981.
> And I also noted that the [ and ] characters appear as black boxes,
> however the square root, pi, alpha, etc. appear correctly. :-(
>

> Thanks,
> -- Nilton

The same happened to me, and I think the problem is that the script must be
modified just after the installation of mathematica. The first time, I
modified the script after having seen the error (so I had executed
mathematica), and it happened the same as you. Then I reinstalled
mathematica and patched it immediately and all worked fine (well, I had to
restart the computer because a font problem, but I think that restarting
the x-server would have been enough ...).

--
Abdó Roig