Re: Triangle Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43317] Re: [mg43224] Triangle Plots
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 04:55:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,

I recently wrote a package that defines a function named SolidPlot that
will do what you want. One of the things it's designed to do is to plot
all outer surfaces of a solid defined by an inequality f[x,y] < z <
g[x,y] and a convex polygon in the plane. Options allow you to omit the
bottom and sides, so you can get a surface plot of any function f[x,y]
over any convex polygon (and many nonconvex ones too).

The link is http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis/SolidPlot/

-----
Selwyn Hollis