Re: Fonts in graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43402] Re: Fonts in graphics
  • From: bill_knight2 at yahoo.com
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:16:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In <bihom5$avl$1 at smc.vnet.net> Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> writes:

>can you tell us you operating system ?

Windows2000.

BTW, I have no problems with Webdings either.  But this is
exceptional; most of the fonts that I've tried (from the list in
Format->Font) fail to show (the display reads fine, but the font used
is not the one requested).  But if I *type* the same text in a cell,
select it, and choose the font in question from Format->Font, then I
get the desired font.  This suggests that at least some parts of
Mathematica can find the problematic fonts, but the Graphics-display
routines can't.

Thanks,

bill