Publishing with Mathematica, any hints?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44949] Publishing with Mathematica, any hints?
  • From: "Ronald Legere" <legere at ll.mit.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:01:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I tend to document much of my analysis with Mathematica notebooks,
which is convienient, since I use Mathematica for my analysis!  However,
when I wish to turn these notebooks into proper reports, it can be a bit
tricky, since Mathematica notebooks don't seem to provide the features
one might need. To that end, I have one particular question , and one
general question.

First the general:
 -Any good articles/books on writing articles/ reports / books with
mathematica? Any good examples in notebook form? (All the articles in the
Mathematica Journal are about mathematica, I am looking for articles about
something else that someone has written as a notebook)

Then the particular:
- How do I put captions on plots? Is there some simple way? I have been
using this function that
I created myself after messing around with 'ShowExpression':

PlotWithCaption[g_, Caption_] :==
CellPrint[
Cell[BoxData[
GridBox[{{Cell[GraphicsData["PostScript", DisplayString[g]]]}, {Cell[
TextData[{Caption}]]}}]]]]

Is there a much simpler way that I am missing?