Random Trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39178] Random Trouble
  • From: "Donald Darling" <ddarling at math.uci.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 01:13:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a program which uses a random number in several places - the same
number in a given run of the program. When I implement the program however
the number changes in every new call to it.  I've tried to overcome this
using "Which", "Hold", "Verbatim", and others, all to no avail.  Any help
greatly appreciated.