To print and not to print

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39320] To print and not to print
  • From: Emilio Martin-Serrano <EMartinSerrano at houston.sns.slb.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:41:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Group,

I have a  program with a lot of  *Print["Something"] *  calls imbedded.
This calls are there for intermediate computation tracing purposes; in
other words, I want this in case I need to trace some points in some
instances of some computations, as a (standard) service of my program. But
I would like to be able to disable this printing facility by using some
standard Mathematica variable/option like *DisplayFunction -> Identitiy* if
available. Any clue?

Best regards.

E. Martin-Serrano